23rd September, 2020
We didn’t expect to be updating you quite so soon but you will no doubt be aware of a new swathe of new laws and guidelines that come into play on Thursday 24th September, and it’s important we provide clarification.
Firstly, we want to re-iterate that Castle Rock pubs have already been implementing many of these protocols, and the only difference is that they are now written into law, rather than being guidance.
Here’s an overview of what to expect from Thursday 24th September. We remind you that most of these are now legal requirements and we kindly ask for your support and co-operation in carrying these out:
- You (and your party) will be greeted and asked to check in using the NHS QR code. If you cannot access this, your group lead will be asked to register their name, entry time and party size. We will be displaying signage.
- Last orders will be called at 21:30 and all customers must be off-site by 10pm.
- You will be required to wear a face mask/covering when entering the pub, and while moving around the pub (including using the toilet)
- All front of house staff will also wear a face mask/covering.
- The Rule of Six must be adhered to. No more than six people can sit at a table (this includes children). Please do not try and book multiple tables for larger groups.
- We will be operating table service only both inside and out. There will be no service at the bar and you must remain seated when at your table.
- Wedding receptions are limited to a maximum of 15.
- House rules unaffected by the changes still apply.
We will be updating house rules and signage to incorporate these changes, and if you are unsure a member of staff will be able to help you.
We would like to thank everyone who continues to support Castle Rock by visiting our pubs; we are very grateful. Our colleagues are working so hard to make your visit safe and comfortable. With pubs continuing to be unfairly punished we need your support now more than ever.
Wishing everyone all the best
14th September, 2020
Firstly, we want to thank everyone who has visited our pubs since re-opening. We knew that re-opening didn’t mean we were on the home stretch, and we’ve had a number of challenges, upsets and hard decisions already, including our decision to close the Fox & Crown in Newark. We’re still doing all we can to protect as many staff as possible, and our hardship fund will remain indefinitely live and accessible to all of our colleagues.
You will be aware of new government changes coming into effect from today, including the “Rule of Six”. This means that indoor and outdoor gatherings above six are now illegal in England and contract tracing is to be made mandatory in our pubs. We hope you’re pleased to hear that this won’t really change anything about your visits to Castle Rock pubs. From day one, we have implemented an extensive range of safety processes and guidelines, including maximum group sizes of six and a Track and Trace system.
However, we know that the ongoing news may dent your confidence, and we want to assure all our customers that we are continuing to do all we can to make our pubs safe and welcoming. You can find a full list of our procedures here.
We humbly ask that where you feel safe and confident to do so, you support both our pubs and other independent pubs, so that we can keep this wonderful industry going. Remember, you patronage doesn’t just help us – it helps breweries, cidermakers, wineries, bakers, butchers, fruit and veg growers and more.
If you don’t feel comfortable venturing out to the pub at the moment, you can still support us by visiting our online shop. It’s stocked up with tasty cans and bottles for local and national delivery as well as collection, plus we’ve got freshly-filled polypins for you to enjoy from home.
These times are unsettling for us all, so let’s support each other through them.
Team CRB x