Classic Nottingham pub with a strong reputationFOOD MENU
The Lincolnshire Poacher has been part of Nottingham’s real ale drinking scene for so long that it’s easy to forget that it only opened in the late 1980′s, rising from the shell of the Old Grey Nags Head which had been closed by Shipstones.
In partnership with Wainfleet brewers, George Bateman & Sons Ltd, the ‘Poacher’ quickly earned a reputation as one of THE places in Nottingham for quality and choice of ale, a distinction it has never lost.
Alongside its excellent reputation for ale, the Lincolnshire Poacher also cooks up a delicious menu of fresh food every day. Check out the sample menu above and book, or just pop in and enjoy a home cooked meal with a side of tip-top beer.
The large public bar is complemented by a large outside high walled smoking area, while the upstairs function room can seat up to 40.
- The front entrance has a step but a ramp can be provided on request, regulars that require the ramp know its kept behind the front door!
- May be difficult to enter when alone if in wheelchair (because of ramp storage and the door opening outwards)
- The snug, conservatory and accessible toilet can be accessed easily once inside the pub, garden access may require a little assistance
- The left-hand side of pub not wheelchair accessible as the Poacher is on a hill and a large step joins the 2 areas of the pub
- The function room on first floor only access via staircase
- The layout of pub provides more secluded spots which can be reserved
The staff at the Lincolnshire Poacher are happy to assist anyone who may need it. If you have more queries regarding accessibility feel free to ring up the pub and ask for more information.
PIE NIGHT AND Old Nick Trading Company
A Pie and a pint for £8.95 until 9pm followed by the legendary Nottingham band who describe themselves as Americana/Country/Folk playing their regular slot at the poacher. Free of charge and lots of fun.
2 COURSE SUNDAY ROAST AND A PINT* FOR £12
Enjoy a starter or a pudding with your roast dinner and choose from a pint of any Castle Rock beer, Stowford Press, Carling or a medium glass of house wine or a draught soft drink.
Every Sunday from 9pm.
Hey there hungry thirsty students! The Lincolnshire Poachers offers 20p off pints of house lager, house cider and cask ales. Plus, if you’re peckish a cob and chips is just £4. Show your UniDays or university ID at the bar!