Find out everything you need to know to enter our design competition, in partnership with the Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust.
WHAT’S IT ALL ABOUT?
We’re celebrating 20 years of friendship with Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust, the county’s largest environmental charity. For two decades, Castle Rock Brewery and Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust have been working together in a unique partnership, championing and protecting nature through creative initiatives. Over the years, the Castle Rock community has helped raised over £130,000 for the work of the Trust.
In February 2022, we are celebrating this special anniversary with a collab brew, and we want you to be involved by designing the artwork. This design competition provides a rare opportunity to be a beer designer and see your work on bars and in beer shops across the UK.
“Together we are working to create a wilder future for Nottinghamshire.”
ABOUT THE BEER:
The name: Into the Wild
The theme: Ancient woodlands
The recipe: A wheat beer brewed with U.K. ingredients and subtle spices
The vessel: Cask, keg and can
Using the theme “ancient woodlands” as your guide, you can use any form of art to create your design. All styles and approaches are very welcome, from painting to photography to mixed media. You might be completely new to making art, a student, a budding designer, or an experienced one! Everyone is welcome.
You should consider how your design can work across three vessel types – a keg clip (circular), a cask clip (portrait rectangle), and a can label (landscape rectangle). Your design does not need to be exactly the same on all clips, however all three designs should flow and be clearly identifiable as a set.
Some areas of your design will be covered by information, like beer name, style, ABV, and description. Please keep this in mind when designing. Nobody wants an important part of your design to be covered by a barcode! View our guide for more information.
Important: The name of the beer will be added by us. You do not need to include any text in your design.
HOW IT WORKS:
- View and download the templates here: Cask template, keg template, can template. You can download the competition guide here.
- Submit your design/s by 11pm on Wednesday 23rd February, emailing it to email@example.com. Please submit your design in PDF., JPEG or AI file types. You must include your name and contact information in your email so we can reach you if you are successful. You can submit as many designs as you want to. Please note that, by emailing a design, you are agreeing to the below terms and conditions of entry.
- We will announce our winner on social media on Friday 25th February and will contact you to let you know you’ve won! The winning design will be chosen by judges from Castle Rock and Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust. Names of all designers will be concealed from the judges.
- Our head of brand will be in touch to get your design “print ready” and off to the printers. You will be credited as the designer on all labels and clips.
- Designs submitted will be displayed at the Into the Wild launch event, in a special exhibition. Please note, we may not be able exhibit all designs, depending on the quantity received.
- The winner and a friend will be invited to join us the beer launch as special guests, and you’ll head home with a pile of prizes to boot.
- The beer will go on sale, and the winning design will be seen by beer lovers across the country – and beyond! We will also invite you to be interviewed about your design, which will be featured on our website.
(All submissions with be included in the exhibition at the launch event.)
- Have you artwork on a one-off celebration beer, which will be served across the country in cask, keg and can
- Your name/tag printed on the label and clips
- Guest invitations for yourself and a friend to the launch event
- A case of the beer (24 cans) and a Castle Rock goodie bag
- An invitation to be interviewed about your design, featuring on the Castle Rock website
Terms and Conditions
- You must be over 18 years of age to enter.
- The design submitted must be your own work.
- The design submitted cannot have been used previously for personal promotion or commercial purposes.
- Submissions must be made by the deadline to qualify for consideration.
- By submitting a design, you are agreeing for your design to be displayed in a special exhibition at the launch event.
- By submitting a design, you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions.
- Unfortunately this competition is not open to employees of Castle Rock or Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust. Employees are however welcome to submit designs for inclusion in the exhibition. They must clearly state their employment status in their email.
- Designs may have to be altered or edited by our head of brand in order to meet printing standards, however they will endeavour to keep any changes to a minimum
- Any artwork submitted remains the property of the artist but can be used by Castle Rock Brewery and Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust on a cask clip, a keg clip, and a can label for the beer “Into the Wild”, 2022. The artwork may be used for promotion of the beer and other marketing campaigns and collateral in the future.
- We reserve the right to amend, cancel or withdraw this competition at any time.
- We reserve the right to withdraw our choice of winning art at any time, for any reason deemed appropriate by our board.