From Saturday 25th July, the grounds of Easthorpe House will host a giant Castle Rock pop up beer garden, every weekend, all summer long. We’ll be serving cask and keg beer, lager, cider, wine and soft drinks from our very own fully stocked trailer, alongside expertly poured G&Ts from Franklin’s & Sons at their very own stall. There will also be street food from our very own head of food Vanessa’s Veganza.
It’s a great opportunity to get some fresh air (in your bubbles) and enjoy a drink and bite to eat in the grounds of historic Easthorpe House. Spaces available to sit include 5m2 plots on the grass, and tables in the marquee. To book – click the link:
We’ve got a full set of health, safety and CV-19 compliant procedures which you can check out below, along with a risk assessment which we will uploading here shortly. If you have any further questions, check below for our FAQ first!
Why not make a day out of it? There’s plenty going off in Ruddington – take a look for your self!
When is it open?
Every Saturday and Sunday until Autumn, from 2pm-10pm. Currently, we’re offering booking slots of 2pm-6pm and 6pm-10pm although walk-ins will be allowed depending on capacity.
What drinks will be served?
Castle Rock’s trailer will be on site, fully stocked with tasty cask and keg beer, along with soft drinks and wine. Our friends at Franklin & Sons? will also be serving delicious gin-based drinks from their own stall.
What food will be served?
Vanessa’s Vegan Veganza returns for the weekend with vegan street food so good you won’t want to share.
Do I need to book?
Walk-ins are permitted depending on capacity; however, we recommend that you book so that we can better manage capacities. You can book either space on the grass, or a table under marquee cover and slots are available in the day (2pm-6pm) and in the evening (6pm-10pm). Go HERE to book.
How much is it?
It’s free to attend! Please note, there will be a £10 deposit for all pre-bookings through Gigantic. This will then be taken from your first round of drinks. For walk-ins there is no deposit needed.
Can I bring my own drink/food?
You are not permitted to bring alcohol on-site although of course feel free to bring water. You can bring your own food on site however we could ask that where possible you support the local street food on-site, who have really taken a hit during lockdown like the majority of the hospitality industry.
Will it be table service?
No. As this is an outdoor event, queuing at the bar will be permitted and there will be a 2m physical distancing system in operation.
What do I need to bring?
If you have chosen a plot on the grass, you will probably want to bring a blanket to sit on or camping/deck chairs if you find them more comfortable. As you will be outside, you won’t need to wear a mask when inside your plot but may want to wear one when visiting the bar and/or facilities. We also advise that you keep a bottle of hand sanitiser on your person.
What is accessibility like?
The Castle Rock Pop-Up Bar is fully accessible. Accessible toilet facilities are provided and the bar, street food vendor and seating areas are all outside on ground level. Please contact us if you have any specific concerns or need to request an accessible grass plot or marquee table.
What are the group sizes allowed?
Will there be security?
There will be security on the door and actively monitoring the site for the safety of customers.
Are children allowed?
Yes – but as a guideline we recommend children are taken off site around 6pm.
Are dogs allowed?
Well-behaved dogs are allowed; however, they must be kept on a lead at all times and should remain within your group’s plot wherever possible. Please also ensure you clean up after your dog.
What health and safety procedures are in place?
We are taking a number of steps to ensure that this pop-up event is safe for customers and colleagues. Here’s the summary:
- Security-controlled entry, exit and capacities
- Hand sanitiser available throughout the site
- Regular cleaning of service areas
- Physical distancing policy enforced throughout
- 2m queue system at the bar
- 5m plots, marked out on the grass spaced 2m apart
- Tables under cover, spaced 2m apart
- Customer details will be recorded upon entry as per government guidelines. This process is sped up if you pre-book via Gigantic.
- Daily staff temperature checks and “safe to work” procedures in place
- Zero tolerance policy on guideline breaches
- Like in our pubs, your booking and visit is subject to a set of terms and conditions to ensure the comfort and safety of yourself, your group and others around you.
- In short, please respect physical distancing, government guidelines, and each other. We want this event to feel safe and comfortable for all so your co-operation with the guidelines is most appreciated.
- We may tweak / amend certain elements of the event to ensure it runs as smoothly as possible.
- You can view a full copy of our house rules HERE
- You can view our booking terms and conditions HERE.
- We will be uploading a copy of our risk assessment here to view shortly.